Sunday, April 10, 2011

I've got myself a garden!

That's right, i've started a garden. I bought a few roma tomato plants, cilantro, basil, rosemary, and parsley. I also have a strawberry plant! I am so happy to have fresh herbs to cook with. I have been looking for homemade fertilizer recipes to use. I feel like such a housewife when i'm out there with my watering can!

Last night I was browsing Diaper Swappers and came across this thread, about making packaged foods homemade. I love it! I decided to try the Pop-Tarts. so, at 10pm, I was rolling out dough! They came out alright. The dough is a little bit flaky. It crumbles easily. I am not sure if it's because of something I did wrong or just the type of dough. I am going to search for a new recipe to try. The brown sugar and cinnamon filling, however, was delicious. It tastes just like the Pop-Tart kind! I plan on making the gummy candy and butter next!

No comments:

Post a Comment